On Sunday 21st January we held our 50th Mad Hatter’s Tea Party for over 600 disadvantaged and special needs children, in the Great Room of the JW Marriott Grosvenor House.
A firm favourite with the children, Action Amanda got the party started, getting the children up dancing, and singing along to several of her own tunes including “The Catchy Song” which is indeed very catchy.
The children were then treated to several songs from Shivani an incredibly talented singer/songwriter from London before The Crystals performed their very energetic cheerleading routine with high-kicks and pom poms.
Next up to entertain the children was Natasha Boon and her band Dishy Tangent. Natasha is a singer/songwriter and former X Factor contestant from Camden, and she wowed the children with her new hits and some covers too.
The children then cheered on another firm favourite when the fabulous dance group from Essex, Dance 21, took to the dancefloor. The UK’s top Elvis and Elton tribute artists then took to the stage to perform a medley of their songs and got everyone singing and dancing.
Next up was an incredibly special performance from the Grenadier Guards band, who sounded fantastic and looked amazing in their scarlet tunics and bearskins. They played some very familiar tunes including the Star Wars theme tune, where the Star Wars characters took to the stage in a roll of honour.
A leading dance academy from London, Futunity then took to the dancefloor and performed their amazing routines including some acrobatics. The St. Mary’s Ukrainian School Choir & Dancers then took to both the stage and dancefloor to sing and dance for their fellow partygoers, and then the DJ got everyone up and dancing before bringing the party to an end.
As the children left happy but tired from the excitement of the afternoon, they collected a goody bag as a reminder of the day. The bag contained toys and confectionery, and our own very special “Louie the Taxi” cuddly toy.
There are so many people and organisations to thank for helping us to put on such a spectacular event, and we cannot put on this event without their support, so we would like to give a huge thank you to:
- The incredible costumed characters: Furry Tail Folk, QPR FC mascots, the UK Garrison (including Batman, Deadpool, Ghostbusters, the Star Wars characters and crew), Willow Wishes Celebrations (Disney Princesses)
- London’s Pearly Kings, Queens, Princes & Princesses
- Action Amanda
- The Crystals (Crystal Palace Cheerleaders)
- Dance 21 (Dance group)
- Elvis Shmelvis & Ray “Elton” Johnson
- Futunity (Dance group)
- Gemma Blackie and her team of Face Painters, Candy Floss and Popcorn makers
- Global Marketing Group Ltd for the Glow Sticks
- Magicians: Andy Clockwise, Brian Storey, Nick Brown & Norman Gee
- The Grenadier Guards Band
- Singer/Songwriter Natasha Boon with her band Dishy Tangent
- Singer/Songwriter Shivani
- St Mary’s Ukrainian School (Choir & Dance group)
- INK Recruitment
- DCL Insurance
- Nicci Fogarty from Location Medical Services for First Aid support
- DJs Brandon Mansfield & James Turner
- Mark Cohen and his team
- DBZ Events Boutique
- Kudos AV
- Donna Crook from Hasbro Toys
- Amanda Miller and the Police Officers and Cadets from Redbridge, Barking & Dagenham, and Westminster
- London Fire Brigade (Paddington station)
- Photographers: Dean Euesden, Ken Cameron & Danny Hanson
- Videographers: Stuart Strickson & Sean Paul Day
- Danny O’Sullivan from EARS Plc for the radios
- The Ultimate Promotion Company Ltd
- Wenzel’s Baker Street Station branch for the buffet catering
- Freenow Management, Staff & Taxi Drivers for transporting the soldiers between the party and the Barracks
- Westminster Council
- ASDA Park Royal for the confectionery for the party bags
- Catherine Devonald and the Management & staff of the JW Marriott Grosvenor House
And last but not least, the volunteer drivers, and helpers – too many to name individually but we sincerely thank each and every one of you.
More fabulous photos of the event can be found here https://photos.app.goo.gl/omNMp1sAaYp4Eim46
Interview with one of our guest schools can be found here https://youtu.be/-NRBBm65DMY
Behind the scenes interviews can be found here https://youtu.be/bp3eO3DPzrY
To make a donation to the London Taxi Drivers’ Charity for Children, text TAXI £5, £10 or £20 to 70085